Homeowners Policy

About You Peace of Mind and Security as a Homeowner

Basic Form (1)

Provides coverage for direct loss to your home, other structures and personal property caused by:

  • Fire or Lightning
  • Windstorm or Hail
  • Sink Hole Collapse
  • Explosion
  • Riot or Civil Commotion
  • Aircraft
  • Vehicles, but certain restrictions apply
  • Smoke
  • Vandalism
  • Theft at home or away but certain restrictions apply
  • Breakage of Glass or Safety Glazing Material ($50 Limit)
  • Volcanic Action

Broad Form (2) Added Perils

Provides coverage for direct loss to your home, other structures and personal property caused by the BASIC FORM perils PLUS:

  • Breakage of Glass or Safety Glazing Material (No Dollar Limit)
  • Falling Objects
  • Weight of Ice, Snow, or Sleet
  • Collapse (see policy for definition)
  • Accidental Discharge of water or steam
  • Sudden and accidental tearing apart of a steam or hot water heating system
  • Freezing of a plumbing, heating or air conditioning system or domestic appliance
  • Sudden and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical currents

Special Form (3)

The Special Form treats your dwelling - probably your most valuable possession - in a special way: Your Home and Other Structures are protected against risks of physical loss not excluded - which greatly lessens the chance of your not being covered for a loss. There are a few exclusions, but the following expensive losses are of the kind which are covered:

  • Rain water enters under shingles during severe storm, damaging ceilings
  • Snow and sleet on roof freeze, thaw and refreeze, damaging roof and shingles
  • Paint spill ruins fine wood floor, requires replacement
  • A 50 gallon aquarium tank is upset in living room, damages floor and walls

None of the above losses would have been covered by the Broad Form (2) but they would be covered by the Special Form (3). If nothing is too good for your Home, then you should consider the Special Form.

The Personal Property covered by your policy is protected against the perils listed under the Broad Form Policy.

Renters Need Contents Broad Form (4)

Also called the Tenants Form, this policy protects your personal property against all the perils illustrated for the Broad Form Policy. It also has the protection provided by the personal legal liability portion of the policy, and this combination is just what Renters need.

Condominium Unit Owners Form (4)

Coverage is available from Utica First to meet the unique needs of the Condominium Unit Owner. The basic policy is similar to the form used for renters with the addition of coverage for the Unit Owners Additions and Alterations. Optional Condominium coverage are available to address your specific needs as a Condominium Owner.

Special Building and Contents Form (5)

The Form 5 is essentially a Form 3 Policy with Coverage C (Personal Property), treated on a "risk not excluded" basic, along with additional and enhanced coverage. See your agent for eligibility and a complete description of coverage.

Bed and Breakfast

Named Insured can be Individual, Sole Proprietor, Partnership or Corporation if all Named Insureds are resident operators.

Coverage specific to needs of Bed and Breakfast operation:

  • Comprehensive Personal Liability
  • Business Liability for Bed and Breakfast Operation
  • Products Liability for Food Served by You
  • Premises Medical Payment for Business Guest
  • Premises Medical Payment for Personal Guest

You can choose from several medical payment limits option for Coverage M up to $5,000 and Coverage L limits up to $500,000.

Personal Umbrella Coverage is also available with limits of $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 at a reasonable charge.

Property (coverage). See Form(s) 1, 2, 3 Illustrations

  • Guaranteed Replacement Cost on Building - Available only on those properties built less than 40 years old.
  • Replacement Cost Coverage on contents available which includes refrigerated foods coverage.
  • Appurtenant Structure Coverage - Business related (coverage may be extended beyond the 10% provided by coverage B)
  • Antiques and Fine Arts - Coverage may be scheduled at additional premium.
  • Personal Property of Guest - Coverage available as excess over other collectible insurance subject to limit of $500 per occurrence
  • Additional Living Expense and Loss or Rental Income - coverage D

Note: Coverage highlights for information only. Consult actual policy for precise coverage applicable.