Landlord Package Policy
Providing Security and Peace of Mind for Landlords
The Utica First Landlord Package is designed for 1, 2, 3, and 4 family buildings where the owner does not reside on premises. The structure can be single structure, a townhouse type building, or a row how type, as long as there are not more than 4 families in one fire division. Coverage extends to the Building, with 10% of the building limit also applying to Related Structures on the same premises. 10% of the building limit also applies to Additional Living Expenses and Loss of Rents in the event of a loss. Premises Liability coverage protects the landlord in the event of bodily injury or property damage occurring on the premises. There are optional limits available for Personal Property and Premises Medical Payments, as well.
What kind of risks do we write? When we inspect the property, we're mainly looking for evidence of a well maintained building in a protected area, with obvious care taken to keep the roof, wiring, plumbing, and heating up to date. We also make sure there are no obvious tripping or falling hazards, and that walkways, driveways, hallways, and stairways meet municipal codes and are safely maintained. Note: We do not write Log Homes, Frame Row homes, buildings heated with wood stoves, or risks located in unprotected areas.
Form 2 - A Broad Range of Coverage
Provides coverage for the following:
- Fire or Lightning
- Windstorm or Hail
- Riot or Civil Commotion
- Sudden and Accidental Damage form Smoke
- Glass Breakage
- Burglary Damage
- Falling Objects
- Weight of Ice, Snow, or Sleet
- Sudden and Accidental tearing apart, burning or bulging of a heating or air conditioning system or water heater
- Accidental Discharge or overflow of Liquids or Steam
- Sudden and Accidental Damage from artificially generated electrical currents
- Premises Liability
Form 3 - Special Form
This form covers the residence and related private structures against all risks of physical loss except those which are specifically excluded in the form. In addition, Replacement Cost is also provided for the Building.
- Additional Loss of Rents
- Personal Property
- Premises Medical Payments, Increased Limits
- Protective Device Credit
- Related Private Structures
- Higher Deductibles
- New Dwelling Credits
Limits of Liability
- Building Limits allowed vary by territory - Contact Us for details
- Premises Liability Limits are available up to $500,000 / 1,000,000
Note: This program is not available in all territories.