Standards of Performance
All employees of Utica First Insurance Company are committed to providing the most prompt and courteous service, both to our policyholder and to our independent agent. Therefore, once required documents are received at our office the following standards are established to assure excellent service.
Personal Lines Policies
- We will issue a new business policy within three (3) working days after receipt of a completed application.
- We will issue a renewal policy at least 30 days prior to the effective date.
- We will issue an endorsement within five (5) working days after receipt of the necessary information.
Commercial Lines Policies
- We will issue a new business policy within five (5) days of receipt of a completed application and all pertinent underwriting information.
- We will issue a renewal policy at least 60 days prior to the effective date as long as the required renewal information has been provided.
- We will issue an endorsement within ten (10) working days after receipt of the necessary information.
- Bodily Injury claims — we will contact an insured or injured claimant who reports a loss within 24 hours after receipt
of the accident report. Any other claimant will be contacted within 48 hours after receipt of the accident report.
- Property claims — Insured experiencing a property loss will be contacted within 48 hours after the loss has been reported.
All Other Service
- All incoming telephone calls, faxes, or emails that require a response are expected to be answered the same day, preferably
within an hour of receipt.
- When circumstances make same day service not possible, it is expected that a response will be made at the earliest opportunity
the morning of the next work day.
About Our Agents
Presently, over 350 qualified professional agents represent Utica First. The independent agent continues to be one of the most important aspects of the company's commitment to customer service. Here are some valuable services your Utica First agent can provide to make things easier for you:
- An agent can provide valuable information about insurance, the risks that make it necessary, and how to protect yourself
from those risks and get the most from your premium dollar.
- An agent has the resources to handle all of your insurance claims.
- Whatever your insurance needs -- home or business -- your Utica First agent has the tools and expertise to help you select a plan that works for you.
- Find an agent by city or zip code.